Re: Question to candidates: what about next ODF?

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 21:34 +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One question to candidates:
>
> 	Wil you promote the Foundation's participation on the reviewing
> 	of ODF?

I think it is a no brainier that we should support review of any version
of ODF.  That being said it would be up to someone within the community
to step forward and say they needed help from the foundation to
participate in the review.  The foundation may wish to actively seek out
someone appropriate to do so also but I don't see it being a problem
finding someone to volunteer.

However, the question is overly broad.  The foundation itself is not
going to be helping define the next ODF but should support community
members who wish to join any steering committee provided the member is
appropriate and committed for such a task.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>