Re: Question to candidates: what about next ODF?

Hi,

Le mercredi 28 novembre 2007, à 21:34 +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> One question to candidates:
>
> 	Wil you promote the Foundation's participation on the reviewing
> 	of ODF?
>
> I'm sure it won't be for lack of a sponsor, but I think it is much more
> important to the Free Software world to have a true Open Standard for
> office documents, regardless of MS OOXML's outcome, and I hope the
> Foundation will help make sure the users of GNOME can use the next
> version of ODF with GNOME based Free Software.

Well, I'd be glad to have someone participate in the review on behalf
of the foundation. But we need to find someone, and that's the hard
part. So far, nobody has ever contacted us to do this.

What we can do is blog about it and ask on a few relevant mailing lists
to find someone. It makes sense, yes. But you don't need to be on the
board to do so :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.