Re: Regional gatherings ROCK! [Was: GUADEC 2008]

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 10:12 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > These are a hugely important part of local and worldwide GNOME culture and
> > community development. Perhaps a GNOME meeting at FOSS.IN would be a good
> > way to kickstart something in India?
>
> That's a kickstart but I was thinking more on GUADAC :) note the 'A',
> although the question does remain to be asked how many of the GNOME
> folks from EU also get to or like to travel to India

It should be perfectly doable, if there's a team that can make it
happen. Particularly if the higher travel costs can be offset by reduced
accommodation costs. LCA manages it in Australia despite the costs.

I'd love it.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com