Minutes of SoC meeting - 2007/Mar/06
- From: "Lucas Rocha" <lucasr gnome org>
- To: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Minutes of SoC meeting - 2007/Mar/06
- Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 00:07:47 +0200
Here are the minutes I took from the meeting we had today on irc in
#soc. Further discussion about GNOME SoC should happen in
gnome-soc-list from now on.
Tristan Van Berkom
Mads Chr. Olesen
(Other inactive attendees were there too)
1) Actions from previous meeting
* ACTION: Vincent to talk with sysadmins about getting a sandbox
repository or main repository access for students (DONE)
Vincent started a thread on gnome-infrastructure about it and will
ensure that the infrastructure is ready before May.
* ACTION: Behdad to ask mizmo about a poster (DONE)
DECISION: Use proposal 1 with "Google Summer of
Code" on it, and mentioning more explicitly the money involved.
* ACTION: Lucas to ping web people about putting SoC on the
front page (NOT DONE)
SoC announcement should be added to p.g.o front page ASAP.
* ACTION: Vincent to send a mail to know who would like to be in
the selection committee (DONE)
Vincent and Behdad will choose a mixed list of volunteers and
invited people for the selection committee. Volunteers from the
meeting: Lucas, Christian, Ryan, Tristan and Vincent.
* ACTION: Vincent to create the mentors mailing list (DONE)
Waiting response from sysadmins.
2) New Actions
* ACTION: Vincent to ask if it will be possible to merge back with
full history from the separated directory
* ACTION: Vincent to ask sysadmins to reset gnome-soc-list
password (DONE during meeting)
* ACTION: Behdah to subscribe GNOME as a mentoring
organization (DONE during meeting)
3) Organization of the SoC promotion from a GNOME perspective
The proposed promotion plan comprises:
- banner and test on w.g.o frontpage ASAP
- banner on p.g.o
- blogs with poster
- poster translations
- posters everywhere where it makes sense
- announcement in mailing lists (gnome-announce-list, gugmasters-list)
Ryan created a wiki page to coordinate the GNOME SoC ad campaign
effort in universities:
* ACTION: Vincent to make a call for translations on the GNOME
* ACTION: Behdad to ping p.g.o people to put a banner about SoC
* ACTION: Ryan to blog about university campaign page
(DONE during meeting)
4) Collect ideas on SoC/WSOP-like programmes that could be
proposed to the board
E-mail ideas to Vincent, Behdad and/or the board.
5) Review of the instructions we've put online for students
* ACTION: everyone should take some time to review the wiki
SoC2007 page: http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2007
According to Christian, "Danilo stinks and isn't at all as handsome
as some pictures of him *MIGHT* indicate!"
* ACTION: Christian to find pictures of Danilo where he exposures
his real not-that-good-looking face ;-)
] [Thread Prev