Sandbox SVN repository or module

Hi,

In the meeting that was held to talk about SoC, people agreed that it'd
be great to have a central place where students would put their code.
This was an issue last year for us.

It was suggested that they could use bzr/git/something-distributed, but
it would be better that they use the same tool as the one we're using in
GNOME, and also I know at least one student who had difficulties with
using a distributed vcs last year. That's why we'd love to have svn.

I'm reluctant to have the code in the main repository, since I guess it
means that our student would have an access to all of our code (but
maybe I'm wrong and we can have some ACL?), and it's not easy to
"cancel" an account (you appear to be not nice when you do so). Thus, a
separate repository would seem like an interesting idea.

Note that we could also use this architecture for other projects than
SoC (we had WSOP last year, and we could well imagine having more of
this kind of mentoring projects).

What do you think? How doable would this be?

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.