Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07

On 6/18/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> KDE.  When both sides mentioned that the logistics of such an event
> seemed quite difficult, someone pointed out that helping with this
> kind of collaboration is one of the reasons for the existence of the
> Linux Foundation.  So, there may well be additional organizational
> resources available.

So, what was KDE's reaction? And any resolution?  Are we going to
discuss it?  Where?

Lars said about the same as I did before the comment from the
audience--namely, that their community seemed split with some in favor
of a combined conference and some against, with logistics of pulling
off such an event looking pretty daunting.

After the comment from the audience about the Linux Foundation
existing to help with things like this, we were all kind of surprised
(we just hadn't thought of that, or at least I hadn't) and we just sat
there thinking about it.  None of us really commented further.  I
think someone just asked a question on a different topic after this.

We also didn't discuss it separately afterward (I'm almost certainly
the wrong person to discuss it having never helped organize a
conference and having no desire to do so), so we don't really have any
resolutions or even official places to discuss further.  *shrug*