Re: Mellon awards update

Many of us are housed in Universities. If there is anyway I can help out let me know. Our group here at UofT is all about accessibility and education.

I would be interested in using the money to create something like the google summer of code but with a strong GNOME accessibility focus. We need ways to draw fresh talent into the area. Who knows, maybe we could get some more diversity this way too.

cheers,
David

Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

A long time ago, I put out a call for Mellon award submissions -
Federico answered the call, and we were candidates.

However, other people put a lot of thought into theirs and when the
winners were announced, it's unsurprising that universities grab all the
prizes:
http://rit.mellon.org/awards/matcpressrelease.pdf/

To complete with this, we would need to come up with a concrete proposal
for how we would spend $100,000 on research & development in a major
area like accessibility, education or the web.

Cheers,
Dave.