Re: Can we improve things?

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 08:24 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> The module's maintainership isn't sucking in general, but there have been a
> number of periods in which it hasn't been great. Please don't make this out
> to be worse than it is, that kind of approach doesn't help resolve anything.

What I want to resolve is this:

* There are regular complaints about lack of responsiveness in the
maintainership of Planet Gnome.

* The process is not transparent.  When someone mails you, "add my
blog", or "update my hackergotchi", no one but that person will know if
he got a reply, or what the reasons were for his request getting
rejected.

* There's no way to know what makes a hackergotchi that will be
accepted, or a whole blog for that matter.

Planet Gnome has trascended a personal project into being a community
resource; congrats on that!  PGO is the only thing I read *outside* my
normal aggregator because it is *so nice* to look at.  Your
maintainership on that front has clearly been very good; now what I want
to do is to make it all smoother for everyone.

> I've spoken to potential maintainership team members who already have direct
> experience with pgo maintenance, and have been working on sucking guidelines
> out of my head and into publishable form. What you're asking for is already
> on the way.

Ah, that's good to know.  Who's on the team, so that we may inquire them
about the progress?

"Sucking guidelines out of my head" --- that's exactly the kind of
problem we need to solve.  If this is not documented, every rejection
seems arbitrary.

  Federico