RE: Money spending, questions for the candidates

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 18:44 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 20:30 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> >
> > I think the foundation could setup (orchestrate) meetings (or interops
> > or however you want to call them) with the different teams. Gather the
> > right people and put them together from time to times.
> The foundation tries to do that, and you will see more of these meeting
> this coming year.  Note however that while the board tries to be
> proactive in proposing meetings, foundation members / hackers are the
> ones who should ask foundation / board for funding.  I don't remember
> ever seeing any such proposal from your side.
> For reference, GNOME Foundation this year funded a java-gnome summit and
> an a11y summit.  As I said, expect more next year.

Well I think in the past it has felt like I should try to get funding
elsewhere because perhaps what I think is important the board will not.
We need to give guidelines on how to make such proposals and guidance on
what is appropriate and what is not.

John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>