RE: Money spending, questions for the candidates

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 18:44 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 20:30 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> >
> > I think the foundation could setup (orchestrate) meetings (or interops
> > or however you want to call them) with the different teams. Gather the
> > right people and put them together from time to times.
>
> The foundation tries to do that, and you will see more of these meeting
> this coming year.  Note however that while the board tries to be
> proactive in proposing meetings, foundation members / hackers are the
> ones who should ask foundation / board for funding.  I don't remember
> ever seeing any such proposal from your side.
>
> For reference, GNOME Foundation this year funded a java-gnome summit and
> an a11y summit.  As I said, expect more next year.

Well I think in the past it has felt like I should try to get funding
elsewhere because perhaps what I think is important the board will not.
We need to give guidelines on how to make such proposals and guidance on
what is appropriate and what is not.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>