Re: Special GNOME event in California next week

<quote who="Federico Mena Quintero">

> El sáb, 14-04-2007 a las 04:12 +1000, Jeff Waugh escribió:
>
> > I am particularly sensitive to the issues you've raised here, and
> > they've been at the top of my mind working on this over the last 9 or so
> > months. I am satisfied that it has been consultative (with a particular
> > subset of the community), in line with GNOME's mission, acceptable to
> > the Board (I am 100% responsible to the Board for doing this right), and
> > not a subversion of the desired natural order of GNOME decision making
> > [2].
>
> What if there had been no continuity in the membership of the Board from
> the previous year to this one?

Probably very little difference. I would have contributed my time in much
the same way, with the Board as a conduit (one of its most important roles),
and myself as an external contributor rather than an internal contributor.

Many times on this list we've said that the Board should ideally facilitate,
support, then get out of the way of the community when it's kicking butt.

- Jeff

--
A Stream of Numbers. See you there.     37.40629 -121.97653 2007 04 19 09 07

   "We are peaking sexually when they are peaking. And two peaks makes a
                        hell of a good mount." - SMH