Re: Special GNOME event in California next week

Hi,

Dan Winship wrote:
> Or, if the GNOME Foundation is going to start behaving like Apple, how
> about we set up a "gnomerumors" web site and forum, where people can
> post rumors anonymously and try to figure out what the Board is up to
> before the official announcements?

While the board (and many other people) are fully aware of what's
happening next week, and are very excited about it (at least, I am),
this is a community initiative, and not a board initiative. Jeff's the
community member who's been driving the effort, but many people are
involved, and most of them are not on the board.

This is underlining something I've said a lot over the past couple of
years - the foundation is not the board, and nothing is preventing a
community member from starting an initiative on their own, and deciding
when to spring the fruit of their efforts on everyone.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary