Re: Substituting "Linux" with "GNU/Linux" or "GNU"
- From: Germán Poó Caamaño <gpoo ubiobio cl>
- To: Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, Yavor Doganov <yavor doganov org>
- Subject: Re: Substituting "Linux" with "GNU/Linux" or "GNU"
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:44:32 -0300
On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 18:01 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
> - In the very few cases where the operative systems need to be
> enumerated, we recommend the use of the formula "GNU/Linux (commonly
> called Linux)", that has already been used i.e. in the release notes.
If you refer 'operative system' as 'operating system', it has only
one name: Linux.
The discussion was always about the whole system, not the name of the
operating system. Even, RMS said that.
Concepción - Chile
] [Thread Prev