Re: GNOME and the free software movement

    > To build awareness among GNOME _users_, what do candidates think about
    > putting an "About free software" button, by default, in the "Help" memu?

    Honestly, I think this would be almost futile.

    Isn't that Help menu being customized radically by each GNOME-based
    distribution? In my laptop the System > Help menu have 5 links, all of
    them pointing to Ubuntu stuff. No trace of what GNOME/upstream is
    offering there.

It is not hard to do, and it can't hurt, so we may as well do it.
If GNOME puts something in which is a statement of principle,
that would provide a stronger basis for people to ask distro maintainers
to please not delete it.  Some distro maintainers would go along, and
that would be a positive result.