Re: GNOME and the free software movement

I'm not sure if these questions are closely related to board
responsibilities, but anyway. It's probably good to know what candidates
think about colateral aspects as well.

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 18:23 +0000, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> To build awareness among GNOME _users_, what do candidates think about
> putting an "About free software" button, by default, in the "Help" memu?

Honestly, I think this would be almost futile.

Isn't that Help menu being customized radically by each GNOME-based
distribution? In my laptop the System > Help menu have 5 links, all of
them pointing to Ubuntu stuff. No trace of what GNOME/upstream is
offering there.

> Any better ideas?

Introducing free software in www.gnome.org . Considering users not aware
about software freedom in our wgo target audience. Already working on
this.