Re: Asking Reference for Alireza Kheirkhahan

On 7/8/06, Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr> wrote:
Dear Foundation List Members;

An applicant with name Alireza Kheirkhahan has applied[1] for GNOME Foundation
Membership, however references for his/her application did not reply our e-mails.

Is there anyone who can be reference for Alireza? In case of nobody give
any reference for him/her we have to reject his/her application.

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee

[1] Related mail about his/her application:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/2006-April/msg00007.html

I can try to examine the contributions listed in the application.
Alireza Kheirkhahan appears indeed to be a Persian (fa) translator.
Below I will examine the listed contributions one by one.

> Persian translation of packages:
> epiphany,

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/PO/epiphany.HEAD.fa.po
Alireza is credited in the file (2005), although not listed as the
last translator.

> evolution,

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/PO/evolution.HEAD.fa.po
I can unfortunately find no credit for Alireza in the file.

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/PO/evolution-exchange.HEAD.fa.po

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/PO/gdm2.HEAD.fa.po

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/PO/gnome-media.HEAD.fa.po

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/HEAD/PO/gthumb.HEAD.fa.po

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/PO/gtksourceview.HEAD.fa.po
Alireza is credited in the file (2005), although not listed as the
last translator.

> gtkhtml3,

This project is not hosted in the GNOME CVS repository, so I do not
know much about that.

> libgnome ui,

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/PO/libgnomeui.HEAD.fa.po
Alireza is credited in the file (2005) AND listed as the last translator.

> gaim, system-config-users, tsclient

These projects are not hosted in the GNOME CVS repository, so I do not
know much about them.

So, to summarize, Alireza is credited in all the translations
mentioned, but all contributions seem to have been made in 2005, and I
do not know how much of these translations that Alireza has actually
contributed. However, if Alireza has contributed significantly to this
set of translations, then in my opinion that effort qualifies as a
contribution worthy a foundation membership.

Christian