Membership Committee Mailing List Archives

Hi;

Today Behdad asked about why private list like membership-committee
mailing list is public.

We're using this list for asking information about applications, and
even though vast majority of the responses are positive, there can be
negative ones as well.

For that reason, it's not good to make them public which might affect
honest responses from reference people. My own opinion is to keep dialog
about applications to be private. But I would like to know if there're
some concerns related with decision.

Any applicant whom his/her application is denied can easily ask the
reason, and we can show it. Even with private list, we can keep
transparency.