Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2006/Feb/15

On 2/27/06, Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman sun com> wrote:

> We can't have it both ways.  Either we keep the GNOME trademarks, which
> requires us to enforce them, or we abandon them.

That's probably not entirely true.

The Foundation can probably come up with a set of TM guidelines where
- in certain circumstances and if certain criteria are met - a TM
grant automatically and implicitly is issued. In such a scenario, the
TMs would stil be legally enforcable in cases where those criteria
aren't met.

What those criteria would be, I don't know exactly. But it's something
that's probably worth pondering over for a bit.

Best,
Dom
--
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.