Re: Can there be an "Official Hardware Partner" for GNOME

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 14:10 +0100, Josh Kress wrote:
> Thanks for the replies so far.
>
> [No replies from the board directly, but this might be due to bad timing
> on my side]
>
> Peter brought some very good points, why a title like "Official Hardware
> Partner" for GNOME in general isn't a good idea.
>
> It made me think about that subject a little more and even some other
> title to "acknowledge an outstanding sponsorship" might prove
> controversial. I can't see a way to define that properly and moreover I
> see another problem: What is more outstanding? A company donating
> hardware or a company employing some more GNOME developers?
>

> So a special "Thank You" to Peter from my side, because you made me
> think about it more carefully!

As the hardware that would be donated would be for exhibitions, the best
is probably to advertise the hardware as donated by the Transtec on the
stand itself, and make sure the company is mentioned on the Friends of
GNOME page along with other donations of the same level of monetary
value.

Cheers