Re: Substituting "Linux" with "GNU/Linux" or "GNU"

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > Could you provide references to the use of "Linux" and "GNU/Linux" in the
> > GNOME documentation?

I was not examining documentation, but the GDP folks said such
examples are extremely rare, and I beleive so.  I was refering to the
strings in applications, and I posted an example on the documentation
list.  It is a simple grep run on my working copy of our _translation_
team repository, so it is not complete:

The Linux version does not have this restriction. (GCompris)
GPM adds mouse support to text-based Linux applications such the
Midnight Commander. (system-tools-backends)
The most common archive format on UNIX and Linux systems is the tar
archive. (File Roller)
Linux mailers cannot do this task... (Evolution)
Video-Conferencing application for Linux and other Unices (Ekiga)

There are many more for apps that are in GNOME CVS, but are not part
of GNOME.  I don't know whether any GNOME general policy is valid for
them.

--
In the GNU Project, discrimination against proprietary software is not
just a policy -- it's the principle and the purpose.  Proprietary