Re: Mentoring for GNOME in Google Summer of Code

On 19/04/2006, at 3:06 AM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

As you probably know by now, GNOME will be participating in the
Google Summer of Code again this year.  For details about the
program visit:<snip>

Behdad, is there any provision for students from the Southern Hemisphere? This opportunity doesn't arrive in their holidays, but in the busiest part of the educational year.

My son is doing a computing degree, and I know he's interested, but he just doesn't have the time in the middle of the year.

I wrote to Google about this last year, but got no response.

I'm wondering if an organization like Gnome could represent the interests of Southern Hemisphere participants in this.

Do you think that would be a useful way to approach the situation?