Re: Reducing the board size

On Wed, September 14, 2005 23:34, Bill Haneman wrote:
> I agree; the fact that the people with the most votes don't necessarily
> have the most time to contribute undermines the whole "7 is more
> effective" position.

Isn't this a problem? It seems weird that people with not a lot of time
for the board get elected while some other people would have more time
and might thus do a better job (because they have more time, not
because they're "better").

I still feel that for many members, the elections are a popularity
contest ("yes, x is doing a really great job in GNOME and he/she
definitely should be in the board"). Probably something to discuss
during the next elections ;-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.