Re: Petition for referendum

Hi,

Bill Haneman wrote:
The way this is currently worded makes it sound as though signing indicates a desire to reduce the Board size. I don't think that was what you intended, but it's kept me from signing.

The wiki says: "The people below, members of the GNOME Foundation, request that a referendum be held to reduce the board size from its current 11 members to 7."

I read this as "the people below request a referendum". I understand that all petitions for a referendum must include the thing that is going to be requested in the referendum. In this case, that would be a reduction in size of the board from 11 to 7.

And Ross is correct, "signed their support" meant "signed their support for the referendum".

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary