Re: [Fwd: Re: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 14:04 +0200, Baris Cicek wrote:
> As a member of membership committee I can honestly say that Vincent's
> instant leaving membership committee would end up problems with
> elections as well. That must be the real reason that kept him in
> committee still.

If there is seriously a problem with trust. I am happy to act as a
returning officer during the election to scrutinise. Not that I have run
a GNOME Foundation election before.

Of course, we now happen to have a self scrutinising and confirming
system. So I see no problem with Vincent remaining on the membership
committee. It would be very difficult indeed for him to cheat.

Although, I happen to trust Vincent, and I don't see a real conflict of
interest here.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA