Re: About candidate's affiliation

On Fri, 2005-04-11 at 15:01 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Quim,
>
> My opinion is that
>   - Affiliation primarily indicates some implication in and co-operation
> with free software of the employer. Mine has 0 interest in free
> software, and as such, I do not feel the need to identify them for the
> election.
>   - Affiliation is only relevant to the board in the situation where
> there is a risk of having several candidates from your organisation. In
> this context, since I will be the only candidate for the board who is an
> employee of my current employer, I don't see any conflict.
>
> In this context, you should feel free to decide whether or not you wish
> to declare an affiliation with interactors or not.
>
> If my interpretation of affiliation is wrong, I'd appreciate the
> correction, so that I can update my candidature.

While clearly affiliation has some practical influences (maximum number
of board member with the same affiliation), it of course tells the
voters something about the person. I would have thought that "no
affiliation" means the person is not employed nor runs her own business.
I gather I was wrong.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences