Re: About candidate's affiliation

Hi Quim,

My opinion is that
- Affiliation primarily indicates some implication in and co-operation with free software of the employer. Mine has 0 interest in free software, and as such, I do not feel the need to identify them for the election. - Affiliation is only relevant to the board in the situation where there is a risk of having several candidates from your organisation. In this context, since I will be the only candidate for the board who is an employee of my current employer, I don't see any conflict.

In this context, you should feel free to decide whether or not you wish to declare an affiliation with interactors or not.

If my interpretation of affiliation is wrong, I'd appreciate the correction, so that I can update my candidature.

Cheers,
Dave.

Quim Gil wrote:
I'm thinking of running for election and I have only one doubt about
affiliation.

I'm a full time member of a micro cooperative company (5 partners as
average). We develop work in various projects relating to free software.
Should I state then that my affiliaton is interactors.coop or is this
only interesting to identify members of companies with higher
implication in GNOME add possibilities of getting 40% of the board?

I don't mind saying I'm affilated to interactors.coop or saying I'm
independent. This is just to know the right think to do when a candidate
like me is in this situation.

Thanks.