Re: Formation of Gnome-user-foundation

Maybe we need to make it clearer that donations to the existing GNOME
Foundation directly help to improve GNOME itself, by paying for very
definite things.

For instance, the GNOME Foundation pays the costs of some developers to
get to GUADEC and GNOME summits - developers who otherwise could not
attend. These meetings have consistently encouraged progress and
provided clear direction.

If we had many more donations then we could do other things with high
impact, such as improve our infrastructure.

So, we have a Foundation already, and it's a good idea to make a
donation:
http://www.gnome.org/friends/

I personally like the idea of bounties and would even like them
responsibly integrated into bugzilla, but it's not that big a deal.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com