Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 June 15

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:28:00AM -0400, Nat Friedman wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 08:22 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >    ACTION: Tim look at the legal details of what it would take to contract
> >            someone for work on our documentation
> >      - we can do it as an independant contractor, the location of the
> >        contractor need to checked with the lawyers
> >      - Done
>
> Have you actually found a contractor to do the work already, or is this
> preemptive bureaucracy?

  We had at that point in time one potential person ready to do this.
I don't know what you call "preemptive bureaucracy". If this mean that
before putting a job offer or signing it we check that we can legally do
that based on our bylaws, then yes would be "preemptive bureaucracy".
To me it's just one step needed to make sure we don't screw up legally and
can actually get this done.
  I hope this clarifies the situation.

Daniel