Re: Membership drive

Hi,

Luis Villa a écrit :
The titular membership is only a proxy
for the actual, important membership, since we need one for voting for
the board. I've yet to see any other useful reason to have a
'membership' list.

So the keyu question then is "what does the GNOME Foundation do for its members? You seem to be saying that since the members' only purpose is to vote, we don't need a huge number, and since what the foundation does is generally for the community, and not for the foundation membership, we're always going to be more or less irrelevant to our membership.

The only reason to become a GNOME Foundation member, then, is to have a say in who gets on the board. Is that what you're saying?

Dave.

--
David Neary
bolsh gimp org