Re: Endorsements one by one [was Re: Endorsing David Neary]

Baris Cicek wrote:

>sure if it's okay to provide this information (although I don't see any
>

>>reason why it wouldn't be okay). Is there any objection to this idea?
>>

>Well that's totally against the spirit of voting. Current counts may
>change people's idea and might get them affected and they would vote
>strategically instead of on their own free will.

What was suggested was a turnout figure (i.e. percentage of members who
have voted so far).  I could imagine a low turnout encouraging someone
to vote because their vote will count for more, but I don't see
encouraging people to vote as a problem (especially given the turnouts
in previous elections).

I think everyone agrees that mid-election tallies do have the potential
to adversely affect the outcome though, so should not be revealed.

James.