Re: Endorsements one by one [was Re: Endorsing David Neary]

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 13:16 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> On Thu, December 1, 2005 13:03, Quim Gil wrote:
> >
> > En/na Baris Cicek ha escrit:
> >> sure if it's okay to provide this information (although I don't see any

> > I'm for showing the participation (% of members that have already voted)
> > but not provisional results of the election.
> >
> > Showing the percentage of participation at any time may help increasing
> > the percentage of vote at the end of the election, and it's a harmless
> > data by itself.
Indeed I don't think in any case that might increase the participation.
By the way, if someone is voting just because participation is low at
the time being it's better for him/her not to vote at all. People should
vote because they care, because they know the role and importance of the
Board and because they want to elect the best Board member they would
like to see on Board for a year.

> I was of course not saying that we can show the current results, but
> the participation rate. I think this is what Alan suggested too (or did
> I read his mail too quickly?).

If what Alan suggested is the participation rate, then I don't see any
problem with that. I don't think of any reason why it would be really
beneficial to know that data during voting period anyways. However, I
don't think it's a problem and would affect the election though. This
might be hard for current election due to time constraints and technical
work needed, but for next elections upon a consensus this is doable.

For