Re: [guadec-list] Re: Barcelona report

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 13:07 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
> En/na Rodrigo Moya ha escrit:
> > that would probably cover the 'beginners track', since I guess most
> > beginners will be from Barcelona and other parts of Spain, so giving
> > them a full track of beginners-oriented talks, in Spanish, should make
> > all those people happy, right?
> Definitely. I think the people around GNOME-es/Hispano could start
> defining this, assuming that there will be space enough during the weekend.
just let us know when the availability is confirmed, and we can start
defining the talks for that kind of audience. Not sure if we'll want
also a CFP for this, since I guess what we want is to have tutorials for
wannabe-hackers/contributors, right?

> We could include/combine a showcase of the (great) work done by the
> Catalan translation team, offering localized versions of functionalities
> and applications withouth equivalent in proprietary software. This
> should attract local people and organizations. Adding a workshop on
> translation focused to new volunteers, an install party/workshop and a
> BOF about creating a Catalan GNOME group, we get a very attractive track
> for local beginners & insiders.
that is a very good idea. We could have programming tutorials and
translation/LUG workgroups.
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>