Re: [guadec-list] Re: Barcelona report
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: Dave Neary <dneary free fr>, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <uraeus linuxrising org>, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, guadec-list <guadec-list gnome org>, Glynn Foster <Glynn Foster Sun COM>, Foundation-List <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [guadec-list] Re: Barcelona report
- Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:42:30 +0200
On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 16:45 -0700, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="The Face of Sun Microsystems">
> > > I'd also like some (or even one) real beginner talks to sell GNOME to
> > > complete newbies, telling people what GNOME is, what it looks/feels
> > > like, and what it can do. But that's just a question of someone
> > > proposing such talks and the papers committee accepting them.
> > So this is cool and I do agree. I'm just not completely convinced GUADEC
> > is a good audience for this. It seems like these would be more appropriate
> > at other conferences, and we should be pushing them there.
> Agree. Potential contributers aren't already at GUADEC. They're at a host of
> other FOSS/Linux events around the world. And that's where we're going to
> get them.
Yeah, that makes sense, and should be done. I'd just like us to be more
interesting if we keep trying to do attract users and
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev