Re: [guadec-list] Re: Barcelona report

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 09:55 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
[snip]
> While it's a small sample, this suggests that the people who come to
> GUADEC like the keynotes we've gotten, and like talks about the software
> more than the talks about politics and more general "free software and
> society" type talks.
>
> This is hardly surprising, given that it's a conference about GNOME. I
> would like to see us reinforce this next year, and try to target talks
> about our software to the public sector and small businesses, rather
> than have enterprise or the public sector come and talk about their
> needs (although a little bit of both is no harm).

I'd also like some (or even one) real beginner talks to sell GNOME to
complete newbies, telling people what GNOME is, what it looks/feels
like, and what it can do. But that's just a question of someone
proposing such talks and the papers committee accepting them.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com