Re: Election Boycott

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 08:47 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le mardi 23 novembre 2004 à 18:28 +0000, Ghee Teo a écrit :
> > Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > > I disagree.  The foundation is a non-profit organization and all of
> > > it's tax filings are publicly available via guidestar.
> > >     http://www.guidestar.org
> > > under 'GNOME foundation'
> >
> >      This is interesting! This is the first time I seen this reference
> > after at least 2 years on the mailing list.
> > Should it not be made known more publicly or did I just miss the
> > obvious.

It was mentioned on foundation list and at the annual members meeting.

> This should really be put on the Foundation website.

As Jody pointed out, the annual financial returns, which are prepared by
an outside accountant, are available for public view and
that is why it appears with all other US non-profits
on the guidestar.org site.  That allows the foundation to
reach the widest audience and to comply with U.S. laws governing
non-profits.

Publishing the annual financial statement on a website
certainly could be done.

tim