Re: Official Compliant

On Mer, 2004-07-14 at 13:02, Ross Golder wrote:
> What are you trying to achieve here? You just want people to recognise
> that you think that Mark is 'behaving badly', or do you want someone to
> forcibly remove his list moderator privileges or something?
> At the end of the day, contributors are not employees. The foundation
> have no right to tell individuals what they can or can't do or say.
> These are free people. If you can make a good case for Mark being an
> irresponsible list moderator, make it here, and maybe someone else can
> take over that job (I don't expect Mark enjoys it). Otherwise, please
> just stick to contributing constructively.

So your position is that every time Mark tells someone to move list then
the correct thing to do is to ignore him and continue the
conversation. I quote you from above

"The foundation have no right to tell individuals what they can or can't
do"

So that is crap for two reasons
1. By that test you are applying a different standard to Mark and Ali
2. Politeness issues aside the list functions because Mark does tell
people what they can do.

Now instead of a flamewar perhaps Mark could apologize for not realizing
Ali is a developer by the foundations own standards and for being a
little abrupt, and everyone likewise accept that the first point he made
was right and there is a prior discussion and possibly better list for
this to occur.

Alan