Re: Some slides and a paper from L.C.A. 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 18:08, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mer, 2004-01-21 at 10:04, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> > Now, who owns the GNU/Linux operation system? Does the Free Software
> > Foundation own it?
>
> It implies an association of the two names which is not present.

I don't think so, at least the typical association I think you refer to
is normally 'GNU ProjectName' and not 'GNU/ProjectName'

As in GNU Network Object Model Environment, aka Guh-nome :)

To me, GNU/Linux is a combination of two names, but I've seen another
variation, GNU+Linux which is probably clearer.

Rui

ps: Linux is a trademark owned by the respective owners, there has been
no intention of disrespect in anyway in the free usage of Linux without
TM in it.

+ So let's do it...?