Re: Some slides and a paper from L.C.A. 2004

Le Mercredi 21 Janvier 2004 19:08, Alan Cox a écrit :
> Now, who owns the GNU/Linux operation system? Does the Free Software
> Foundation own it?
> It implies an association of the two names which is not present.

Sorry to insist, why do we need a trademark sign after the Linux name? Could
someone point out to me discussion threads where more precise information is
given?

(in private email to avoid filling the list, I would love to receive more
information from anyone).

One of the beauty of GNU/Linux is the mythological value behind the
association of words. Without myths, men would not be able to live and work
together. The mythological values are the basis of our cultures.

Furthermore, do we say 'Agriculture TM' or 'Wheel TM' or 'Writing TM' or
'Printing TM' to name the big steps of Humanity? No.

So, why should we say 'Linux TM'?