Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

On Iau, 2004-12-09 at 11:43, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Vincent Untz wrote:
>
> >      Anne Østergaard (86 votes) - None
>
> I must say I find it a little disappointing that the *one* woman on the
> candidates list was not elected. And, having spoken with her on several
> occasions at GUADEC conferences, I doubt she would be unfit as a board
> member.

You can look at all the other people who didn't get elected and I think
most people would consider most of them fine candidates too. I'm not
sure that a positive discrimination policy would neccessarily help
either although one could certainly be put to referendum if people did.
The stats that have come out of free software developer studies show the
problem is a little deeper than management. On a twenty member board
you'd expect between half and one woman member if its constitution
matched that of the developer body itself.

Alan