Re: Congratulations to the new board

El vie, 10-12-2004 a las 15:32 +0100, Anne Østergaard escribió:
> Congratulations to the new board.
>
> I think we are very fortunate and skilled to have elected such a fine
> and competent group of people for the GNOME Foundation's Board of
> Directors.

I want to congratulate to all new board members, and also i want to add
my support to this Anne's lines

> As GNOME is rapidly growing all over the world we must help and support
> all new regional initiatives- as well as be welcoming new groups and
> types of users. They might very well give us a lot of new inspiration to
> make new fun projects in areas where we have not yet been.
>
> We can do so by getting local, national, and regional groups of Free
> Software users who are interested in the GNOME Project to create local
> and national groups and national websites. We have some, but we can have
> more. Native language help and information is very important to many
> people new to computers and GNU/Linux.
>
> We have had successful conferences in Europe, Australia and Latin
> America. New this year was Chile. Now we should think of getting Asia on
> the conference map. India could very well be our next goal. The GNOME
> interest is certainly growing there.

At least here in Chile we have a very active community, in the second
half we've a lot of conference, more than 6, where we were talking about
the use and development of GNOME project. We've named this initiative as
GNOME Meeting and at the moment we have gathered near 500 people in this
meetings.

I hope that new Directors have in mind that regional groups are very
spread, active and important for the project. Either they are devolpers
or user.

best regards

--
Fernando San Martín Woerner             GNOME Foundation Membership
Jefe de Informática                     http://www.gnome.org