Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 20:37 +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:

> As far as I know, there is nothing that forbids the board to seek advice
> from Anne or other candidates - or even other members of the community.
> I am involved in other UNIX/Linux communities where we have established
> working groups or subcommittees for different subjects. In these groups
> all members are invited to participate, and it leads to a higher
> activity level overall in the community, more active members,
> and more work done.

Indeed, the board hasn't really gone down this avenue except perhaps in
terms of the Release Team and GUADEC organisation - but I would hope
they would consider doing so where appropriate far more often. A
board-backed and carefully focused subcommittee could achieve a great
deal of work in a short space of time - something the board would
struggle with due to its nature.

Mike