Re: Copyright assignment

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Chris Toshok wrote:

> copyright assignment needs to address.  "supporting files" means
> anything that's not program code that must be included in the evo source
> distribution in order to build it (i.e. .m4 files, Makefiles, glade
> files, data files used to generate C, etc.).  Libraries clearly do not
> fall into this set.

Then there should be no problem adding "not including libraries" to the
contract text.
 --scott
[fwiw, i don't agree that m4 files, Makefiles, etc are clearly not program
 code.  I also don't agree that libraries are not necessary to build the
 application.  where there is disagreement among reasonable people, the
 contract should be clarified.]

FBI Suharto interception Richard Tomlinson global action network D5 SLBM
   Register to vote!  http://www.yourvotematters.org/VerifiedVoting
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )