Re: Evolution copyright assignment: Storm in a teacup

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 16:35 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> I am really not following what the issue is, and I smack myself for
> entering and now reentering this thread.

Many developers don't want to contribute to proprietary software.

I don't want to write a single line of code entering a proprietary
program.

I was starting to study evolution and even tried to make a contribution
or two with gal's spec at first, when I got disgusted (but I understood
it could have something to do with the ximian-connector) and stopped
without a word.

Now there is no reason for it other than the ability to make proprietary
software, and I see a proposed gnome module with _required_ attribution
with the intention of eventually making proprietary software.

In practice circunventing the GPL by attribution of rights. It's legal,
but disgusting.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?