Re: Evolution copyright assignment: Storm in a teacup

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 15:43 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> Section (4) of the copyright agreement promises to always distribute the
> program under the GPL or another DFSG compatible license.

No. Under an OSI approved license or any other.

> This is what poor Jeff is trying to get across.  The current Evolution
> code is GPL'ed (and that cannot change).  The copyright agreement also
> assures that your changes will remain GPL'ed, too.

What for? Do you think the GPL is just like any license? There's an
intention behind it.
Contributions might as well be public domain for what that horrible
document says.

> The copyright assignment is really unrelated to the GPL, as Jeff keeps
> saying.

Not unrelated. It's there to mislead people into submitting code to
proprietary software while pretending to be GPL (which wouldn't happen
otherwise).

You may have been fooled by lawyers.

+ So let's do it...?