Re: Bounty hunt, round 2.

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 05:39, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:34:13PM -0400, Nat Friedman wrote:
> > Novell is funding the GNOME bounties, not the foundation.  We are paying
> > the foundation a small administration fee to handle paying out the
> > bounties; this is a pretty standard practice in non profits, it's
> > something the GNOME foundation has done before for other people, and it
> > was approved by the board last year.
>
>   It was also said that we would not do it again though I couldn't find
> records of this in the Board minutes of Nov and Dec 2003, probably my fault.
> And I didn't see it discussed in recent board meeting minutes either,
> the last one being March 22 2004 if I believe foundation-announce archives
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2004-April/msg00000.html

There were several sets of minutes subsequent to that posted to
foundation-list. (Apparently people forgot to post in both places.)
But yes, we are fairly behind in public posting of minutes.

I'll try to make sure that the four missing sets of minutes (May 19,
June 26, July 1, July 21) get posted within the next few days.

In terms of this particular issue, however, there was no decision to
relaunch the bounties. The particular way that the GNOME foundation
should be working with Novell in this area will definitely be
the top agenda item for our meeting next week.

Regards,
						Owen