Re: Bounty hunt, round 2.

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 08:05, Christoffer Olsen wrote:
> If Srini is new, then he shouldn't have a CVS account at all - and
> according to our policies, he should not alter gnome.org. I went through
> the commits, and it seems he has done a few small patches (five I
> believe) for GNOME projects, which is a good thing. But I don't believe
> that he is "a useful and frequent contributor" [1] to the gnome.org
> website, and I don't believe he should be the one changing things.

The standard policy for GNOME CVS is one where delegation is allowed.
Once Nat got permission from the web team to create the bounties
page, it was perfectly legitimate for him to turn over maintainence
to Srinivasa.

The fact that that page doesn't convey the right message; that
it implies these bounties were decided by the GNOME project isn't a
problem with CVS commit rights, but rather a communication issue
at other levels.

Regards,
 					Owen