Re: Temujin

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 18:17, George wrote:
> I'm Czech, we were under Habsburg rule for 600 years or so
> partly because of the mongols, should I hate them too?
>
> If we're trying to be accountable for history, I have a request
> for the Swedes.  We want all the art you stole during the 30
> year war back, damnit!  Damn wankers in turtlenecks.

Heh. I got this image of a Huge pan-european swap-meet in a gigantic,
cavernous space with long tables with stuff from all european museums
and collections, the whole room buzzing with negotiations: "Well, you
get the Silver Bible, then, but only if you throw in that leaf-sword and
help us get that runestone back from the Brits."

We could have a whole cadre of art-historians and curators happily
employed for generations :)

--

Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel.    +46-046 222 8588             Dr. Janne Morén (mr)
Home:   +46-046 211 4973             Dept. of Cognitive Science
Fax:    +46-046 222 9758             Kungshuset, Lund
                                     S-222 22 Lund, Sweden