Re: Questions for candidates

John Fleck wrote:

> I think your metaphor breaks down in an important way that ends up
> supporting Luis' argument. In the case of the car, if there are no
> brakes or wheels, the car won't work at all.
>
> In the case of the software, if there are no QA or docs or translations,
> the software will still work. It will suck, but it will work. That's why
> the development system is so code- and coder-centric.

You miss the point that I am trying to make, so I'll change the analogy slightly. Let's say, engine+driving controls+chassis+wheels = basic car. No bodywork, no windows, no seats, no roof, no windscreen. The car will still work, but few will buy this vehicle, and this marque will certainly not conquer the world, and become an industry standard. It will be popular amongst a small group of hobbyists however...

Pat