Re: Questions for candidates
- From: Pat Costello <Patrick Costello Sun COM>
- To: Murray Cumming Comneon com
- Cc: hadess hadess net, sri aracnet com, jdub perkypants org, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Questions for candidates
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:47:31 +0000
Murray Cummins wrote:
> Does anybody actually feel disenfranchised?
Well, I don't. Which is why I was so disconcerted at GU4DEC, where I listened in to a presentation that apparently told me that I was not enfranchised in the first place, never mind disenfranchised.
> Do any individual or corporate entites feel that their voices are not being heard?
I don't think so. Again, a cause for some surprise to me when I saw that other people have a radically different view of what the community is about than I do. I mean, the presentation actually said that the presence of corporate entities was not the best way forward.
My point is that we should be clear about the community culture, shared values, and decision-making process. And we should present that view clearly to the outside world.
] [Thread Prev