Re: Web guidelines for use of GNOME Trademark

Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> написа:
> <quote who="Tim Ney">
>
>> The board looked at the Debian logo guidelines.  Of course, Debian has
>> two (open use & official use) where GNOME has only the one foot.
>
> (fwiw, I have strongly suggested on the board that we should go down a
> similar route that Debian has, by having two logos. "GNOME has only one
> foot" is just being lazy.)

Yeah, we should create the other foot! For now, we've got the left
foot (or is it a footprint?), and we're missing the right foot.

Though, this is too subtle for general use (to make right foot
public, and left foot trademarked ;-), but we could probably make
both footprints together as public use logo?

ooOO
(  ) OOoo
( (  (  )
(__)  ) )
     (__)

:-)

Or, we might be even more subtle and use five-toe foot for public use.

Damn, all of these are not different enough. Someone else should try,
I'm not very creative ;)

(As a sidenote, I think it would be wise to keep the current logo for
public use, and create a slightly modified one for trademark; but
that's just my opinion, because all the current users of logo wouldn't
have to change -- but that may be the entire point)

Cheers,
Danilo