Re: About the future of X (Windows)
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Linas Vepstas <linas linas org>
- Cc: "Ciaran O'Riordan" <ciaran member fsf org>, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: About the future of X (Windows)
- Date: 22 Mar 2003 01:44:08 +0000
On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 23:25, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > Also false (DirectFB for example)
> Huh? What's false? What do you mean? Do you mean X11-related projects
> are not relevent to Gnome? That Gnome will not benefit from X11 innovation?
> Should Gnome side with the forces of conservativism? Is Direct FB
> is bad for Gnome? Surely you meant something else ...
If X11 goes whoompf one afternoon and is never seen again Gtk already runs
on other base windowing systems.
] [Thread Prev